13 diciembre 2005

Bolivia !

Al final ! A new country. It almost looked like I had decided to stay in Peru forever. Well, I must say I am glad to be here now. The Sacred Valley was fun, but back in Cusco I was reminded that I do not like the town. And it didn´t help either that I got sick there after eating in a so-called good quality tourist restaurant.

Well, sick I still am, but now in Copacabana on the shores of the magical Lago de Titicaca (3810ms high, yipes ...). I had an interesting trip here. In the bus to Puno I sat next to a man called Zakarias and we chatted about this and that (despite me hardly not practising at all, my Spanish does get better). At one moment it turned to religion and he asked me if I believed in "Dios". No I said, I believe in the causality of Nature. People do not need a higher power to answer to, they should do that to the people around them. And in "El Diablo" then ? (I was tempted to ask him if he played Diablo or Diablo II ... hehe). No I said, I believe demons are inside people´s heads. He looked me in the eye thoughtfully. "Poor misguided soul", he thought. "Poor misguided soul", I thought back :-)
He did invite me to his house in La Paz though. Nice man.

I didn´t make the trip from Cusco to Copacabana in one day alas. They close the border at Sesame Street time ... I spent my last night in Peru in Yunguyo. So it´s 70 days in Peru in stead of 69 then.

Bolivia ... I can already say that most things are cheaper here than in Peru (even than in the non-touristy bits), except the internetting which is way more expensive and quite a bit slower. So with all the blog updates and emails I have to send everyone all the time, I guess I´ll break even with the Peru budget ;-)

Gotta get back being sick a bit more (but not for long!)

Señor Hans in Bolivia


PS. There is a Copacabana beach here too and the one in Rio de Janeiro is actually named after this little town, because of religious regions. Copacabana is the most sacred town in Bolivia.

PPS. Tweelingzusje, you are a bright and shining example of the topographical knowledge of an inhabitant of Los Estados Unidos ... :-D

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

After laying low for a while I couldn't resist being first again!
If only to make Hans feel good about himself (wouldn't want him to think we stopped 'fighting' over him!).

I must say I got scared a little: if you stay 70 days in Peru and you want to see entire South-America I would not see you again untill....'till......hell freezes over.
(I am a believer, just not in a man with a beard and another with those anoying little hooves)

martes, 13 diciembre, 2005  
Blogger Hans said...

I just finished writing this blog entry ! Don´t you have work to do ?!?

martes, 13 diciembre, 2005  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Amen!

jueves, 15 diciembre, 2005  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

HE, wauw, zo hoor ik nog eens wat!
Gefeliciteerd!

viernes, 16 diciembre, 2005  
Blogger Hans said...

For the ones whose Dutch is a bit rusty, it appears my cousin Richard is a father !! And I´m almost an uncle !!!

And I might be in the holiest place in Bolivia, but that´s greater than any miracles supposedly happened here :-D

Congrats Ries & Talitha !!

viernes, 16 diciembre, 2005  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home