17 enero 2006

Bolivia - Impressions

Bolivia ... the country of adventures, colourful cities (and white ones), bustling markets, mines, downhill biking, lakes, mountains and much more incredible nature. And I have only seen the altiplano.

The people could be a tad friendlier and the ones in the tourist industry are mostly outright liers and cheaters, but everything is so cheap anyway, a heavenly joy for the frugal misers of this world like Señor Hans :-D

Three times I signed my life away (biking, mountain climbing and mines) in 33 days , traveling 3000 kilometers on 2 times 3000 bolivianos.

And then the special people I met: the maidens of Paris, Mathilde and Rachel; Señora Leonor of the Happy Days hotel in La Paz; "Shit Happens" Eyal, who withheld me from climbing the mountain, so I have to try again... ; the market sales(wo)men of La Paz; the incredible downhill bike group, especially my mate Clive; Heleen & Pieter, who proved that wherever you go, you can´t outrun the Belgians; Sander & Maartje, whom I met here in Salta again (we went to King Kong yesterday - amazing!); the Argentinian tourists who shared their "Mate" with me (more on that later); Niamh and Tadhg "Ireland will be one again"; and last but never least (she wouldn´t allow it): Monique.

I am afraid I will come back :-)















4 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

Even when your on the other side of the world you get to see movies before I do.....

Daan

martes, 17 enero, 2006  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

I am happy for you that you will go back to Bolivia, but please not this year.
Beautyful pictures of a amazing country!!!!!!!!!

mucho besos, mi gordo hijo,
tu querido madre.

martes, 17 enero, 2006  
Blogger Hans said...

Daan,

Go and see King Kong (it´s Peter Jackson´s). You will not regret it !

miércoles, 18 enero, 2006  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Then I will go. I must admit that I didn't think it would be good. But you convinced me.

Daan

jueves, 19 enero, 2006  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home