28 enero 2006

To Chile !

Well, I did find that pool. But only today, my last day in Argentina (for now). It´s full-on high season at the moment here and all the nice and affordable places in tranquil surroundings including swimming pools were booked full until well into February. (Why don´t all these Argentinians just go to Holland for their summer holidays?)


So I spent a few days in Mendoza, which was a bit of a letdown. Nothing to do and too hot to do anything, or nothing for that matter. Today was the big one: 41 degrees. Perfect day for the pool. Hoorah ! We, my nice friends Jim and Mel from the hostel and I, got kicked out of the kiddy pool twice though, for not being children ... it didn´t matter that all the kids were in the big pool and the kiddy pool was empty ...

Anyway, I will try another Parilla tonight Jim and Mel and head off to Valparaiso in Chile in the morning. And I have already been informed by agent Maartje that it´s cloudy and it rains there. Double hoorah !!

PS. The ladies are lucky today. I happened to find an Argentinian hunk for them while I was skimming through my pictures. Is this good enough ?


PPS. He *is* a bit on the fat side, isn´t he ? ;-p

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

I have seen better, but I have definitely seen a lot worse too!

Thanks for tending us, Hans.

Daan

domingo, 29 enero, 2006  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Wow, your sister looks at every detail. In his defense: I believe he is waring no socks. And I'd give him a 7: he looks like he has a sense of humor and he is able to read! (or atleast hold books, but I give him the benefit of the doubt!)

Daan

domingo, 29 enero, 2006  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Good tactics.....
Come on, Hans, You can do better!

lunes, 30 enero, 2006  
Blogger Hans said...

Too bad. I am in Chile now. You will have to do with him for a month or two.

Is there really a chance for the Elfstedentocht ?

lunes, 30 enero, 2006  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Well, it is freezing here, but in my honest opinion we will not get an Elfstedentocht this winter.

Daan

Unless you ask because you will come back for an Elfstedentocht. Then: Yes. We will definitely get one within a couple of weeks.

martes, 31 enero, 2006  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home