26 abril 2006

Argentina - Impressions

Although a bit of turbo traveling the last few days have taken me through Brazil (30 minutes), the entire width of Paraguay (eating "kroketten" in Asunción halfway) and deep into Bolivia (can I say I love being back in Bolivia?), Argentina is still on my mind.

It is true, the people smoke a lot here and even the hardiest of bus travellers will get enough at some point of the ridiculous distances ... but this is a small price to pay to see the country where even the taxi drivers and border guards are friendly, where the Meat surpasses anything you have ever eaten, and where the magnificent wonders of nature wreak havoc with your perception of our planet´s natural beauty - and I´m not only talking about the girls ... ;-)

Argentina ... five times I have entered and left it, spending almost 8 weeks within its borders to travel 11500 bus-loving kilometers. In a country of friendship I have made a few of my own. Entering with Monique, running into "against-all-odds" Martijn again and my renewed adventures with agents Maartje and Sander, followed by 42 degrees pool time with Jim and Mel. In Patagonia, having roast lamb with Dominic and Ayel, and glacier-time with northern maidens Anna och Luise. Studying penguins with Frank and Patricia before meeting up again in Buenos Aires with Maartje and Sander, skating in the parks with true Porteño Santiago, and further exploring the city in the lovely company of Deborah, Daniela and Karima, before getting wet with Jenn of the jungle.

But no more babbling ... it´s picture time !












2 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

All through his wild days, his mad existense.....

I see your point, Amy!

jueves, 27 abril, 2006  
Blogger Hans said...

In Mount Doom of course ! Also known as Volcán Villarica, in Chile - http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2455/1438/1600/Puc12b.jpg

Looking forward to the chocolate !

sábado, 29 abril, 2006  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home