04 junio 2006

Señor Hans en América del Sur - El Fin

It was eight months ago to the day that I arrived here in Lima, the city from where I will fly home tonight. Señor Hans is done. Eight months is a long time; time away from home, from family and friends who, even being busy adventuring, I missed.

But time can play funny tricks on you. It seemed to have flown by, and at the same time I feel like I have travelled for many many years here. I still feel like the same old Hans, although my adventure is bound to have changed me in some way. For the people back home, I hope it is for the better ;-)

As for travelling, my great passion, I cannot tell if this journey can ever be bettered. Thankfully, I have but to close my eyes and I am descending again from the Huayhuash passes into the most beautiful mountain valleys in the world ... the sudden awe of laying eyes upon a 4500 year old Peruvian pyramid city ... the 4 hour adrenaline rush speeding down from La Paz into the Yungas on bike ... feeling again like 11 year old Hansje diving into the waterfalls and pools of Chile ... huddling half-frozen from the relentless Patagonian wind watching the sun rise on mount Fitzroy ... sitting on the upper deck of the Friendship with the tropical wind in my face, watching the setting sun and thinking back on swimming with sea lions and penguins ...

But hey, tomorrow I can drink fresh milk again :-D

Thanks for watching and travelling with me. Enjoy the last pictures. Chao !

(no longer Señor) Hans



















4 Comments:

Blogger Hans said...

You will always be the Chief

How!

domingo, 04 junio, 2006  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Thanks for keeping us up to speed and sharing your experience with us.
And don't you dare leave us this long ever again!!!

Daan

lunes, 05 junio, 2006  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Sounds like an awesome trip! I am so jealous... Must be kinda sad to go home (I had that after I spent 6 months in Australia) but also good...

Wheres the next travel going?? :D

Thanks for the awesome pictures and updates, I've been reading them a lot over the past few weeks...

-Eric

martes, 06 junio, 2006  
Blogger Hans said...

Somehow, I am afraid that my life back home will not be as interestingly adventurous as the last 8 months ... not for me and not for you ...

domingo, 11 junio, 2006  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home